Wednesday, May 13, 2026

1 SAMUEL 8-9, JOHN 6

 If You were our king, how would that work?  So, You appointed the leaders of the people like Moses and Aaron and then told them what to do.  Then, they would just come to You and You would be their guide.  

I guess it's like the Catholic Church today.  The Pope kind of guides the people.  It is literally a different kingdom.  There are still rules where they live, but Your "rules" trump theirs.  Your "rules" are more about how we should treat people and spiritual matters.  You do touch on some governmental things, but it's more of a "Give to Ceasar what is Ceasar's" approach.

We really do have two kingdoms at work here, and I'm not sure what they were thinking back then, but I trust You way more than anyone we vote for.  But, I've also never realized how tangible, how literal, how real this is.  There are two kingdoms and we get to choose which one to live in.  And You have set it up so that the church is a tangible, literal and real representation of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...