Wednesday, January 21, 2026

GENESIS 37-38, MATTHEW 12

 Maybe I didn't read the story well enough, but why would Tamar pretend to be a prostitute and sleep with this guy.  She obviously had a plan in mind; because she took his stuff.  But why?

Was it to have children?  They were really serious about having children.  I mean they wanted her to sleep with the brother so that the dead brother would have kids.  He's dead - does he need to have a family line?  

But, I will say, I always like these stories where someone is thinking a couple of steps ahead of someone else.  When they're like, "Burn her!" and she's like, "Well, here's who the guy was." Genius!  

Maybe it's because I wish I was smart like that.  Especially in high school, I would say and do things and then think of ways I could have done it better.  Oh, and if it was someone who I thought had treated me poorly, than I wish I could have been like, "Oh yeah, well..." (and then had something totally cool to say.

As I've gotten older, I think I've gotten a little less concerned over what I say or how I can put people in their place.  But, it's only less, not gone.  And even though I know that comes from a place of not realizing how valuable I am and how much God and others love me, I still can't quite shake it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...