"It is I, do not be afraid."
How can we not be afraid? All throughout the Bible, God shows His anger. He'll give people tumors, infest towns with rats, turn people into pillars of salt, strike them dead - and that is to His people. One guy did not keep the Sabbath and You said he should be stoned (at least that's what the Bible author's say).
I guess in this case, You are responding to stormy weather. It is not something caused by disobedience. So, maybe we should not be afraid of things we can't control. You've got those.
But, where I struggle is the balance between not being afraid / trusting in Your forgiveness / knowing Your love is unbreakable vs if we mess up there are consequences / we can't just do whatever we want and expect You not to get angry and respond / the just God factor.
Andy Hilson always said that if you are trying to follow God and really want to please Him, you probably are. I guess that's my real struggle - is that even true any more? Am I following You or my own wants? Is my goal to please You or others or myself? Honestly, You I deserve more wrath than I've been given.
I guess that's why I am constantly in fear of bad things happening; because I know what I've done, what I've thought, what I've failed to do. And I know You are not pleased.
It is I, do not be afraid.
No comments:
Post a Comment