Friday, May 15, 2026

1 SAMUEL 12-13, JOHN 7

 Why would You say that You were not going to go and then go?  Did You change Your mind?  Were You just saying that to the disciples to surprise them?  To have them go on their own to stay out of danger?

This is what I like about You (well, there's a lot I like about You, but...), You are unpredictable.  I would think as God, You could not lie, could not bear false witness.  But, here it is.

I would think that You could not get angry, but there goes the tables.  I would think that You would not have some of the people following You (especially one who You knew would betray You), but there they were.  I would think that You would not be confrontational; especially with the leaders of Your people, but confrontational You were.  

I know I'm in a boat with a lot of others - a lot of people thought they knew who You would be and what You would do.   In fact, I think a lot of people today think the same thing.  But, we don't.  WWJD? How would we know?  You don't fit any mold or act in prescribed ways.  

You just followed what Your Father told You to do.  

Yesterday, in Buona Beef, I thought I heard You saying, "Don't be like Me.  Trust Me, but be like yourself.  The true self God made you to be."  That's what You did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...