Monday, May 11, 2026

1 SAMUEL 2-4, JOHN 5

 Whoops, missed a few books!  But, we're back!

"Speak Lord I'm listening!" 

What a great line.  A dangerous line.  A scary line.  A line that kind of puts it all out there.  If I am listening, that means I am about to hear what You say.  And if I hear what You say, I have to make a choice.  Will I do it or not?

I like the other way better.  I am going to make myself busy with other things, focus on other things, do whatever I can, so I don't listen.  Then, there is no pressure.  I'm not listening, so I don't have to make a choice.  I can't hear the hard thing You want me to do.  I can't trust You instead of myself in any decision.  I can go on with life the way I think is best (even if it isn't!).

Honestly, my way is horrible.  I know deep down that Your ways are always better - for everyone and even for me.  I know that You love me and wants what is best for The Kingdom.  I know that if everyone listened and followed this world would be like Your world.  

So, today, "Speak Lord, I am listening."

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...