i have often times said that I am more of a John the Baptist than a Jesus. But, I've never really looked at the Isaiah passage where he describes what he is doing:
"Prepare the way fo the Lord, make straight paths for him. Every valley shall be filled in, every mountain and hill made low. The crooked roads shall become straight, the rough ways smooth. And all the people will see God's salvation."
No hills. No valleys. Everything is a straight path. Back in those days, I bet that was a big deal. When you would walk everywhere, I bet people really looked forward to walking on even ground and taking the most direct path to get somewhere.
So, John was making it easy for Jesus to get to where He was going. His job was to do whatever he had to to make Jesus's job easier.
I am a John the Baptist.
No comments:
Post a Comment