You walk right through the line of people. Can you imagine, they thought they were going to throw the Messiah over a hill. I don't know what they were so mad about anyway. You just said that prophets were not recognized in their home town. They couldn't have been mad because they were being accused of not recognizing You - they didn't even believe in You. Furthermore, why were they so mad at You for claiming to be who You were? No skin off their back - if You were, the Messiah had come. If You weren't they could just go on with their lives.
It seems like a lot of people got very mad at You for claiming to be the Messiah, but they never took the time to think, "Is this really true?"
The common people did. It was the people who thought they were smarter than everyone who had a problem with it. I get that. In fantasy, I like to be the one who is smarter than everyone in the room. I go for the picks that other people "don't see coming." (Those hardly ever work.). Even when I started coaching tennis. I thought I had all the answers and I would think a lot how I would do it better. But, then I found out that maybe what we were doing is ok.
When I started typing this, I thought it would end up being a commentary on how strong You are or how dumb these people were. But, I think it's a good reminder. The more I, or anyone, tries to prove how smart they are the worse things turn out.
No comments:
Post a Comment