Even the Pharisees said that Jesus was a man of integrity because He didn't care what other people thought about Him.
Sometimes I think I am that way too. I do things that I think are right and "don't care" about what people say. I am not afraid of doing things alone and "don't care" what other people think. I go places that make me a little uncomfortable, but "don't care" how people respond to me.
The good thing is that, for the most part, I do things that are right no matter what people think. The bad things is that I do care. While I'm walking in the halls at tennis practice and no one is talking to me, I try to seem like I "don't care", but I do. When I go to these kids sporting events and I am there by myself making conversations with parents, I try to seem like I "don't care" about the awkwardness, but I do. When people say things about my teaching, I know that they have no idea what I do and be quiet and "don't care", but it does sting a bit.
It's a process, and I do feel like I am improving. But, to get to the point where I am only concerned about what You think about me - I don't think I'll ever get there on this earth.
No comments:
Post a Comment