Friday, March 6, 2026

LEVITICUS 27, NUMBERS 1, MARK 11

 Here's something I missed - when they go to get the donkey Jesus tells them to say they'll bring it back.

The first thing that went through my mind was that You would now have to organize someone to bring it back, and then You would have to make sure it was done.  And, if that was me, I would be worrying the whole time that I would forget or that I'd have to make someone go out of their way or that it wouldn't get done right.

That's my problem.  I think about all of the things that go into something, and sometimes I won't do it just because of all the "effort" it would take.  Or, I worry so much about making sure something gets done, that I don't enjoy the thing I'm doing.  Or, if I say I'm going to do something, or even if I don't but I know it's the right thing to do, I get all worked up because it reflects on me.  Or, if I ask someone else to do something, I worry that they won't do it right and then I'll look bad.

I bet the donkey got back.  I bet You didn't even worry one second about how that would happen or if it would.  You just knew and focused on what was needed right then.

Yes, I always want to be a person that follows through on my word.  And yes, if I use something from someone else, I want to respect that and return that to them quickly.  

But, I also want to be like You and do what is needed RIGHT NOW without worrying about all the steps that it's going to take to make that happen or thinking that I have to be the one to do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...