Saturday, March 14, 2026

NUMBERS 15-16, MARK 14

​They catch a guy gathering wood on the Sabbath and aren’t sure what to do with him.  So, they take him to the tent of meeting, and God says….

KILL HIM!

I will never understand this!  He was gathering wood.  OK, it’s against God’s laws, but how about a goat offering or something?

The deeper question is why does God kill so many people in the Old Testament?  In this case, I thought, “This has to be a misinterpretation of the Hebrew or Greek or whatever.”  Or, maybe, God is showing us the seriousness; especially back then, of not following his commands.  It also crossed my mind that physical death is NOT the worst thing that can happen to us.

But, to be honest, I think this may be one thing that we just never understand…and choose to follow any way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...