Tuesday, March 17, 2026

NUMBERS 21-22, LUKE 1

 Has anyone every heard of the Book of War from God?  Me neither.  But, it's quoted in Numbers.  Then, in chapter 22 they quote the poets of the day.  What is going on?

I've read the Bible a couple of times all the way through, and I don't remember any other book, besides the Bible, being quoted in the Bible.  And that led me to think about the divination of different sources (I think divination is the right word - I was trying to say how much God could use something to learn the truth.)

Joshua (the book, not the book in the Bible), The Kingdom of God is a Party, Love God Love People (song), Maniac Magee, Family Man (movie), Billy Madison - there are a lot of things I've seen, read, heard that help me to learn about The Kingdom.  I don't think this is a hot take.   The Bible is not the only source for learning about The Kingdom.  

There is no message here.  Everybody get's this, but I just wanted to recognize some of the things that have inspired me, and if the Bible can do it, I can do it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...