I like when God is like me. All of the Israelites are complaining about how they have it and saying, "We would be better off back in Egypt." So, God tells Moses, "I am going to kill them all!" (My paraphrase).
I'm like that too. When people complain about something I do, my first reaction is to.....OK, maybe I don't want to kill them, but I want to get back. I get angry. I want them to suffer.
In fact, yesterday, I was at a crossroads. A teacher, who has done a lot of stuff in the past, did another thing that wasn't directly against me, but it got me very angry. One response I could have taken was to punish her with a quick text. However, I was wise enough to know that once you go down that road, it's a very quick trip to the Dark Side!
I didn't do it, and I think it was the right thing to do. But, I like that You have the same thoughts.
And I also like that you put people in this world to talk to us (heck, even to talk to You) that can help us do what is best. The fact that Moses could talk You out of something is amazing. Who are we?
Probably more important than we think!
No comments:
Post a Comment