Thursday, March 5, 2026

LEVITICUS 25-27, MARK 10

 Random Thought: There is no thanking God in the Our Father!

In Leviticus, God refers to His people as servants a lot.  There are rules for how to treat your servants.  They talk about when a servant goes free.  There are a lot of rules about servants.  

Today, He also talked about men and women and how much they "were worth."  Basically, He says women are worth half as much.  

I can see how, after reading Leviticus, a person might think that slavery was ok and that women were not as valuable as men.  I don't believe God believes that.  But, why is it like that in the Bible?  Even in the New Testament, there are references to slavery and women being "less than" men.  

Was this just a sign of the times?  Does God create us with different value?  Or, are there some things in the Bible that we just don't understand, but our Spirit tells us what is true?  I know that can be a dangerous statement, but I'm pretty sure I will believe that until the end of my days.  

I will never believe that anyone based on race, economic standard, gender or whatever has any more or less value in God's eyes.  I don't care what the Bible says (oooh, that seems weird to write!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...