Money we do not have, but what I do have I give you.
OK, that wasn't exactly what Peter said, but I like it. He used what he had to help make this guy's life WAY better! Funny thing is money we do have. And I do think we use that to make some people's lives WAY better!
But, Peter just uses the Holy Spirit. Everyone has that. Well, not everyone, but you get it. For the 55th year of my life, I really want to focus on two things. How much God loves me no matter what. Yes, me! I just want to rest in that for a while - not try to spread God's love, not try to focus on helping others see how much God loves them. Honestly, I just want to kind of see what would happen if I just let God love me. (Insert, "Let Me Love You")
Secondly, I want to focus on the Holy Spirit. As the kids say, let the Holy Spirit cook. Just let the Holy Spirit do it's thing. I guess I'm really trying to get to the point where I am not so focused on me - what I do, how I can make a difference, how I can be a light. Some might call that lazy. I'm just letting God do all the work.
But, I think Peter teaches us a valuable lesson. Yes, money would have given that guy a meal. But, God can do things that are life changing. Let's let Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment