Monday, June 15, 2026

1 KINGS 9-10, ACTS 8

Wisdom - that's a good gift!  Solomon was able to explain everything.  Phillip was able to explain Jesus.  Being able to help people understand - what a gift.

I guess I get to do that a little bit with teaching.  Sometimes I even think I'm pretty good at it.  But, in the real world it doesn't happen that much.  But, really, when it does, it feels good.  I was about to say it was the best feeling in the world.  Maybe not, but it's up there.

I do get it now.  Solomon asking for wisdom was genius.  He had wisdom to build this huge temple.  He had wisdom to solve problems between people.  He had wisdom to explain anything to anyone.  I wish I could do that.

And therein lies the problem.  I want that so I can impress other people.  I wanted to get that code yesterday so I could show people how great I am.  When the guy offers Peter cash to get the Holy Spirit, he says, "Nope, your heart is not in the right place."  

There are a ton of cool things God can do.  Unfortunately, we might not experience any of them until we want to do them for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...