Thursday, June 18, 2026

1 KINGS 14-15, ACTS 10

You say we can eat anything.  

What is my deal with eating?  Am I really in a bad mood just because of my eating?  And why does it matter?  To be honest, as I'm doing it, it is not even that enjoyable.  

I think it's just the feeling - like that is what I am supposed to do to make me happy.  That is what I do to celebrate.  That is what brings me joy.

I really would love to get to a point where You give me joy, where You give me happiness.  But, I am not really sure how.  I am guessing the disciples had that.  I'm guessing they woke up every day with a purpose, with an excitement for what could happen, for a love of life.  

What did they do?  Quit their jobs.  Hung out together.  Prayed.  

That's what kind of scares me.  Usually the things that give me energy - Summer Break and eating junk - haven't.  Even going to daily Mass - I skipped it the last two days just because I wasn't looking forward to it.  I'm not quite sure what to even write any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...