This is why I don't like to tell God I am going to do anything. Actually, it's probably better to say it like this - this is why I don't like to listen to God. Any time You spoke to people and they didn't do what You said, they got eaten by a lion.
OK, they didn't always get eaten by a lion, but they would usually get killed. For a lot of these people it seems like it would have been better if they just didn't listen to You. There's a lot of pressure there.
But, then there's Peter. He listened to You and he was able to rise someone up from the dead. Look at all the people who listened to You and great things happened for others. People believed, people were healed, people were restored.
I guess, if I really thought about it, the positive way outweigh the negatives. Do I want to get mauled by a lion? Not really, but I'm not afraid of death. Do I want to make an impact, help other people have a 10:10 life? Yep. It's kind of opposite of what a lot of coaches say - the thrill of winning far outweighs the anger of losing. To me, the opportunity to do good far outweighs the possibility of bad happening to me.
Now I just need to learn how to listen and decide what is from You.
No comments:
Post a Comment