Thursday, April 9, 2026

DEUTERONOMY 29-30, LUKE 11-12

 The Israelites went 40 years without bread and wine.  That's like me going 40 years without bread and pop.  40 years!  That's a long time!  And for me, those are the two things I look most forward to - food and drink.  Why did God do that?

Well, He tells them.  So, they would know He was God!  Uh-oh!  I know God promises life to the full.  Heck, my life verse is John 10:10.  But, do I trust Him to give me life to the full?  Or do I trust pop and fast food?  

Today, I have a decision to make.  Will I go to Speedway to get a pop?  My brain has been doing some weird things - I've got foggy pop brain.  And I was really looking forward to getting that pop this morning.  But, is this a test for God and am I going to give up pop forever?  

What should I do here?  Is this an overreaction?  Is this something that doesn't really matter.  I know the Israelites complained because their bread was unleavened and they had the same thing to eat every day.  I've never really thought about it, but I probably would have complained too.  I love food.  

But, God did not like that.  Is this really something You are concerned about?  And how sad is it that this is the thing that I have thought the most about in a long time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...