Tuesday, April 7, 2026

DEUTERONOMY 26-27, LUKE 10-11

 Martha vs. Mary.  Doing stuff vs Just Hanging out with Jesus.  Preparing vs Listening.  

I am good at doing nothing.  I wouldn't say I am listening to You or even hanging out with You, but I do love to just sit around.  Back about ten years ago, I would never do that.  I had to be doing something constantly - was always busy.  But, as I've gotten older and maybe wiser, I've realized that the soul does need a little rest.  

Now, I am adamant about the Sabbath.  Now, I have no problem just sitting on my couch and watching something dumb.  

Is this what You were talking about?  I am not sure.  Mary was listening to You.  Mary was spending time with You.  Would You consider what I am doing that?  I don't think so.

But, I will say that I have a much healthier view of who I am.  My worth is not determined by the amount of things that I do in a day.  If I rest, it is not a sign of weakness, but a sign of wisdom.  Yes, there has to be a balance, and I know that there are times when I'm on the wrong side of that, but I'd much rather be where I am today than where I was ten years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...