Friday, March 27, 2026

DEUTERONOMY 2-3, LUKE 6

 I've had this theory lately that it's not really how long you pray, it's more of just talking....Heck, I don't know what my theory was. But, I do know I didn't think you needed to pray for an hour at a time.  The amount of time you spent in prayer didn't matter.

My theory was that praying all day was the way to go.  But, that is just a theory.  I don't do that.  In fact, after I leave my prayer chair, it's the very rare occasion that I even think to go to You or stop and listen.  I also thought that we could just (and this is going to be borderline insane) tell You what we need, what's going on - no need to spew out hours of details or words that don't mean anything.  

What I'm really realizing is that my prayer life is messed up.  Ever since I stopped walking my brain is jumbled like Iga Swiatek's.  

That's the first step.  Then, maybe looking at what You did (prayed all night for who to pick as a disciple) and went away often to pray, would be a good second step.  

Actually, maybe I should just pray to know how to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...