Thursday, February 26, 2026

LEVITICUS 14, MARK 6

 They came back and reported all they had done.  That sounds kind of cool.

First, they are all going out as a team.  They have their partners and other groups of partners are ministering to different places.  They have this group that is all focused on building the kingdom - everyone with the same purpose encouraging one another, holding one another accountable, doing stuff for God!

That would be cool - to have a group like that.  

Then, they are reporting what they had done.  They actually did stuff!  They were healing people and teaching people about God.  They were seeing people coming into the Kingdom and realizing how much God loves them.  There were miracles and struggles, and they got to tell and listen to all the stories from their friends.

That would be cool too - to actually be doing stuff that built the Kingdom.

I don't really have that.  Most people don't.  Even when I was going to church, I didn't have a group like that, and you could definitely count the things that were worth sharing on one hand.  It starts with the group - notice Jesus never sent out one person.  OK, he did actually do that, but it's cooler in a group. 

Wait, maybe I am more John the Baptist than Peter.  Maybe I'm more Elijah than Big James.  Maybe I am one of the one personers.  Hmmmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...