Wednesday, February 18, 2026

EXODUS 39-40, MARK 1

 John was the one who was to prepare the way for Jesus (and that's really all we find out about John in Mark.  He goes through everything so fast - we go from John, to calling the disciples to casting out demons in 28 verses!)

I've always considered myself a John though.  I'm not the main guy.  I'm the one who prepares the way for the main guy. I'm not the one who is going to lead a bunch of people (although I guess John did have disciples), but I will help the person who is going to lead a bunch of people.  

Actually, now that I think about it, there have been times when I've been the main guy. Running the homeless shelter, commissioner of the fantasy league, Tennis Club, Summer School - those things have gone pretty well.  Maybe I am the main guy some times.  Maybe, like John, I can prepare the way for some and be the guy for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...