Today we are going to continue in the series: Weird things that happened during the Holy Week that somehow I missed in the first 53 years of my life!
So, the ladies are going to the tomb where Jesus' body was placed. Knew that.
When they get there, an angel says He is not there. Knew that.
They were supposed to go tell the other disciples. Knew that.
On the way to the tomb, there was a massive earthquake. Wait! What the? A massive earthquake?
So, the ladies were walking outside during a massive earthquake? Now, I've only been in one, very minor, earthquake. Some things in the house moved a little, but our lives were not disordered in any way. But, I get this image of ladies dodging falling trees, housing crumbling to the sides of them, holes opening up as the skip from side to side. I hear loud crashes and people screaming. It's mass chaos. But, they continue on to the tomb.
Now, maybe I have totally blown this out of proportion. Maybe it wasn't even that hard to walk during an earthquake, but either way, I give it to these ladies. There's an angel. He's saying Jesus is risen. And there's a quaking earth. And what do they do?
Stay the course. They go back to tell the disciples.
No comments:
Post a Comment