His blood is on your hands. Pilate was right - he had no idea how right he was.
Every time I read this, see this, think about this - the crucified Jesus stirs up anger, sadness, and a feeling of injustice. I get mad at the leaders, the people in the crowd, and all the events that lead to this just make no sense.
But, all of that doesn’t matter. This had to happen. This is why You came - well, one of the reasons. No matter what the leaders did or the people said - this was always going to be the result because of us. Our sin did this - the blood is on our hands!
I don’t blame us and I won’t even go into all the things I’ve done that Jesus had to go to the cross for. God knew this when He created us. He didn’t create us perfect and knew this day would eventually come.
Still sad, but not good or bad - it was just the way things had to be. Really, it’s more of a story about how much God loved us and wanted us to be here than an injustice that never should have happened.
No comments:
Post a Comment