"I am from above. You are from below."
Which one am I? My actions, are they more above or below? I am pretty nice to everyone, I sacrifice for others, I put others in front of myself a lot. But, do I love? Do I do all of that just to make myself look better or is it because of You? I'll give myself an ABOVE in that area.
My thoughts? Horrible! What motivates and inspires me is from below. I do not wake up and think about how I could build the kingdom or do what You would have me to. There are times when I will ask that, but is it what really gets me going? Definitely a BELOW here.
My words? Now that is one I think I do pretty well with, or do I? I don't talk bad about people a lot, but I have had a lot of times when I could have kept my tongue silent. I used to do a lot more encouraging, and I hardly ever talk about my faith. Uh-oh, I thought I had this one, but I'm probably BELOW.
My spirit? Do I seek Your voice? Do I hear it? Am I humble and confident in You? Am I guided by Your ways or my ways? I do feel like I have the innate ability to know what to do in situations - that's You. But, I also feel like I don't seek You out naturally, and I forget to even go to You throughout the day. Am I a spirit led being? Probably BELOW.
Well, the good news is that I am just below the Dalton line, but the bad news is that after 50 years of church, a year as a youth minister, soooo much time reading the Bible and being in countless small groups, I'm still just below the Dalton line.
No comments:
Post a Comment