You know what I've never heard talked about in church, any Bible study I've done, really no Christian training I can remember - Why did God kill 24,000 people?
I mean, He says He killed them because they were not zealous for Him and they did not follow what He said. That's the literal reason, but why? If someone killed 24,000 people today because they were Agnostic or (wow, I can't think of a religion that worships a god besides God) Satanists or Buddhism or Hinduism (I thought there weren't specific gods, but there are), that would not go well with anyone - Jews, Christians and Muslims included (they all worship the God of the Old Testament!).
Side note: That may be one of the longest sentences I've ever written!
When Jesus came, He didn't kill anyone. In fact, He willingly gave up His own life.
So, how do we go from a God who kills 24,000 for worshiping another god to Jesus? You got me!
Let's go Rams!
No comments:
Post a Comment