Sunday, March 29, 2026

DEUTERONOMY 5-6, LUKE 7

 Whoops missed it!  I love the Sabbath; especially when I was working at PADS after school and on Saturday.  I so looked forward to that Sunday of doing nothing.  It refreshed me, it was good for my soul.  I thought I got it.  God gave us the Sabbath to refresh us.  Makes sense.

But, then I read today about how we should do the Sabbath to honor God.  There was nothing about how it was good for our soul, how it prepared us to work hard for the next six days, nothing about refreshing us.  It was all about Him.  Honor God with the Sabbath.

Does it honor Him because we are trusting Him that if we give up that day everything will get done?  Does it honor Him because we are taking a day just to meditate and think about nothing else?  Does it honor Him because we are doing what He says?  Is it one of those God things where He says it's for Him but it's really for us - just like coveting, bearing false witness, and heck all of the commandments?  

As I read on, and as I've read for about a month now, it does seem like the best way to honor God is to do what He says.  I still love the Sabbath, and now it's not so selfishly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...