Monday, March 30, 2026

DEUTERONOMY 7-8, LUKE 7-8

 Wow!  Both 7 and 8!  But, I'm not going there!  For the first time since I've started reading the Bible, I'm quoting a Proverb!

"but whoever hates correction is stupid." - Proverb 12:1

I know - that's not even a great proverb.  There is nothing life changing there.  It's not a great pearl of wisdom.  But, it speaks to me.

I hate correction - in any form.  A sit down meeting, an email, a snide comment, a loving rebuke, something said by a stranger - it doesn't matter.  I hate them all.  No matter how you say it to me, no matter if I am in the wrong, no matter if you are my favorite person in the whole world - I hate it.

So, I react with anger and a little side of having to prove myself right.  Maybe, after a while, I will get to the part where I look at who is saying it or if any of what they are saying is true.  But, in the moment, I am defensive, arrogant and I'll say it again, angry.

I am stupid.  It's as simple as that.

Correction makes us better.  It's true in sports, it's true in life.  We may not like it, it may take a while for it to "soak in", but it is good for us.  And it may even be that the people who are correcting us know that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...