Sunday, February 8, 2026

EXODUS 21-23, MATTHEW 24

 Yesterday, we were having a talk in the car.  Actually, we had a lot of talks in the car - we were in there for about 9 hours!  But, one of them was about rules.  I said, "If everyone followed the rules, the world would be a much better place."  

Mychon replied, "But, who gets to make the rules?"

More on that later.

I sure am glad that we don't live in the time of Exodus (although, I feel like Jewish people may still have all those laws).  If your bull gores a person....If you are holding a goat for your neighbor and it goes missing....If you have sex with an animal......

So many laws.  So many things they had to remember.  They were trying to cover every situation, but there is no way you can.

That's why I am so glad that Jesus made it simpler.  Love God and love your neighbor.  That's it!  

So, first, God gets to make the laws.  And, second, if everyone did that, the world would be a much better place - some might even say perfect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...