Monday, February 2, 2026

EXODUS 10-12, MATTHEW 20

 Is it true that there will be no shame for those who follow You?  I read that in the Psalms this morning.  I know the Psalms are not like direct teachings from You.  They are more like prayers from David, so it's not like You are saying there is no shame.

Shame - a painful feeling of humiliation or distress caused by consciousness of wrong or foolish behavior.

I guess there is no shame.  If we do something wrong we know that we have a God who will forgive us.  If we do something foolish we have a God who can make all things new. 

Have I been embarrassed? Yes!  Have I been humiliated?  At times!  But, I can not really remember a time that I have had a painful feeling because of it.  Honestly, I thought it was because I just don't care.  But, it might just be because I realize God is bigger than my mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...