Saturday, January 31, 2026

EXODUS 8-9, MATTHEW 19

 Here's what I don't like about Pharaoh - he put himself in front of others.  Did he ever think that maybe the people in his land didn't like the frogs or the gnats?  Did he even stop to think about all the people who were going to lose their cattle?  What about the hail - the loss of lives and property damage, did he think about any of that?

If you want to be "tough" and are willing to accept things - good on you.  But, when you have been put into a position of authority, there are others you have to think about.  It can not be about you.  It has to be about what is best for the people you are put in authority over.  

Great leaders are not people who get things done or force others to do what they want.  Great leaders think about what is good for the people they have been put in charge of, make the tough decisions to help that happen and always sacrifice their comfort for the comfort of others.  

I don't know a lot about politics or current events - not the kingdom I'm focusing on.  But, the one thing I do know is this.  These people are not in charge, and the one leader who is does all these things.  That's my kind of leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...