I want to give my kids a fortune telling right before I die. How did he know though? Did God tell him what was going to happen to his kids or did he just take a shot? I really would like to know what happens when Jesus or Jacob or anyone knows what is going to happen. Does God show them in a vision or tell them while they are talking to the person? Is it almost an out of body experience where God just kind of takes over? That would be interesting to find out.
OK, moving on. What about the yeast of the Pharisees, huh? Loud and clear. We really have to pay attention to who we listen to. But, don't you kind of feel for the Jews at that time? These were the religious leaders - the ones who were supposed to advise them about spiritual matters. And they were way off!
Makes me kind of think I've been doing it right all along. I have never done something just because a pastor or preacher told me to (OK, maybe not never, but not a lot). I've always kind of done my own thing - which I hope was actually doing what God told me to do. In fact, a lot of my beliefs wouldn't line up with any theology, but they just make sense to me.
I know that can get a person in trouble, but it seems like you get in a lot more trouble following a "religious leader" just because they are a religious leader.
No comments:
Post a Comment