If anyone ever offers me a gift of 540 animals, I think I'm saying, "No!" But, that was Jacob's gift. In today's times it would have been worth anywhere from $100,000 to $1 million. Later, Jacob sends his brother along and builds an altar on a piece of land. So, he bought the land! How rich was this guy?
When God decides to bless someone, He blesses them. Money is not the problem. Love of money is a problem - to have it can be from God.
Did you ever notice that all of the "great" kings God sent were "great" because they had a lot of money and a lot of land? Sure, there was some killing (Jacob's kids wipe out a whole town because of what one guy did to their sister.) and some people didn't make the best choices. But, they were remembered.
There's really no point here. OK, maybe one. Who knows why or who God chooses to bless financially? Most of his best friends on earth weren't. But, some of the prophets before Him were. The people I have been impressed with weren't. But, there are plenty of Christ followers I know who are.
I guess my message to myself is - don't be jealous. Be thankful for all that God has given to me. And just know that God blesses everyone in different ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment