I am going to do it again - I probably wouldn't have believed either. In fact, my thoughts and actions often portray someone who doesn't believe. I mean, if I really believed this, I would live by faith alone. I would trust God no matter what. I would do what He said. This proves He was the Messiah!
That got me to thinking - would the Jews of the day, knowing what we know and seeing what has happened, still believe that Jesus was not the Messiah. Has the change been big enough?
Yes, Christianity is the largest religion on the planet. Yes, many great deeds have been done in Jesus' name. Yes, many schools, hospitals, shelters and service organizations have been started because of this. But, how different are we today than 2000 years ago?
I even wonder what Jesus' thinks. Do You think we would have been further along in The Kingdom? Do You think there would have been more of a difference? Or, am I just an idiot and can't see all that this has done.
For me, if you asked the people around me, I wonder what they would say? Is the difference in my life anywhere near proportional to all that Jesus did? To who Jesus is? Good question.
EDIT: God just reminded me that I am thinking about The Kingdom like Judas. It's not something we measure in stats or numbers. The ultimate Kingdom is heaven and that being opened for everyone - enormous change!
No comments:
Post a Comment