Be humble and grateful - easy enough.
I love the servant reference. Does a servant ask for praise for doing their job? Do they brag or seek reward? They are just doing their job. I kind of need to remember that. When things are going great at Tennis Club - I'm getting paid for that, it's my job. When I love someone that isn't very lovable - I signed up for that, just doing my job. When I help someone have a great weekend in Illinois - that's what we are supposed to do.
There's no extra credit, no praise needed - we are just doing our job. In fact, we should thank You that things went so well. I'm thinking about the examples from above. There's nothing special we do at Tennis Club. I definitely don't want to love people that bug me - that's gotta be You. This last weekend was crazy good, but it was all dumb stuff that just kinda worked out. Who does that? You!
Anyone see what these two things have in common? We are not focused on ourselves, not looking for praise. When you know how great you are already made, you don't need to go seeking that.
No comments:
Post a Comment