I had to read this passage at a baptism this weekend and it hit me - this is good news for everyone. First, if your that sheep or that coin or that son - Bingo! If you are the found one, that's a good thing!
But, and this is what got me, what about the rest of us. What if we're still lost? Well, there's good news for us too! God likes us! Haven't gone to church? No biggie. Haven't read the Bible? Alright. Have done a lot of bad things? Not a deal breaker. Don't believe in Me? We can work with that.
If it's me, and someone doesn't listen to me, actively goes against what I try to teach them to do, and maybe even hates me - I give up on them. Not God! He keeps going after us, keeps trying, keeps helping us find the way. God likes us!
And if God does all that for the people who don't like Him, I guess I should do the same thing too.
No comments:
Post a Comment