Thursday, December 4, 2025

LUKE 12

 Stupid money!  It's weird.  For most of my life I have intentionally done things to not worry about money.  However, that was when I was most worried about money.  Now, I make decisions based on money, but I don't worry about it as much because we have more.  

Yes, money has gotten me some nice things - a car that runs and has a sun roof with CarPlay, a new pickleball paddle, cool trips, the ability to pay for things and not worry about it, and even money saved up for retirement.

The question is, "Is my life better now?"  If I'm honest, I'm not more joyful.  I attribute some of that to getting older, but maybe that's not the case.  Maybe all of my focus on money has taken my eyes off what is really important - The Kingdom.

But, even back when I was not focused on money, was I really focused on The Kingdom.  I did volunteer at the homeless shelter A LOT.  I did have a more positive attitude.  There was even a time when I focused on our neighbors - man, I even visited that lady in the nursing home a lot.  Maybe I was building The Kingdom more.

Jesus would agree.  He makes it pretty clear - if our focus is on money, we've messed up!  Is money bad? No.  But, it's when we start to focus on ourselves that it gets dangerous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...