Tuesday, April 22, 2025

LUKE 22:60

 Peter replied, "Man, I don't know what you're talking about!"  Just as he was speaking, the rooster crowed. - Luke 22:60

How many rooster crowed moments have you had?  Those times when you realized you really messed up - I mean really messed up.

That feeling of disappointment, regret, embarrassment - it's hard to get through.  Especially in situations like this where you have not only let yourself down, you've let down the person who you cared most about.  How do you get over something like that?

Well, hope that person is Jesus.  Later, He asks Peter three times if he loves Him.  He gives him a do-over, and Peter goes on to do great things.  For me, there is nothing more destructive than piling mistake after mistake.  With Jesus, we get do-overs.  In tennis, they call that the next play mentality, and all the great ones have it.  It's probably a good idea in life too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...