Wednesday, April 15, 2026

JOSHUA 5-7, LUKE 15

 Some of the stuff you do does not make sense.  Some of it makes perfect sense, but....Circumcision?  Walking around walls for 40 days?  Giving the "bad" son the fattened calf?  

In my mind, if I have no pop of junk food it means I am going to have a bad day.  (I know, that thinking is totally wack!). I can not even fathom how going a day or month or 50 days without pop could make it better.  (As I'm typing this, I really am starting to realize that I have mental problems.). My perfect world is any day when I go out to eat with fountain beverages.  (Wow!  That really is what I look forward to!). 

But, You say, "If you want to have life, lose it."  I feel like You mean not only in heaven but now.  We don't even think about ourselves, our wants, our needs, what will make us happy.  We think of others.  We focus on what we can do to make John 10:10 come alive.  That's when we experience joy, or better yet, that's....Wait!  Maybe that's part of the problem, I am only worried about what is going to give me joy.  

What about others?  What about what is going to give the community joy?  Am I a better person for the community this way?  And do I even have to be this way?  

Heck, look at yesterday.  I gave up three hours of my life.....for some hermit crabs!!!!!  That's pretty cool!  I finished my letter to Sof.  I didn't worry about when I would get home or when I'd be able to relax, I just focused on others.

Maybe there is something here.  And maybe my thinking just started to make more sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...