Tuesday, April 14, 2026

JOSHUA 3-4, LUKE 14

 I think I am starting to get it.  It was the parable of the guy who sits either at the best spot at the table or the worst.  I am a best spot type of guy - not that I put myself in places to get recognition.  Oh wait, that's exactly what I do!  

I like to do things the way I want to do them.  Why?  Part of it is that I want the credit.  I want people to see how smart I am, how creative, how much value I have.  I really have a hard time letting other people make decisions and just going with them.  I don't trust them, which in turn means I don't trust God.

Is that too strong of a statement?  I don't think so.  A lot of the things I get frustrated about are really just because I won't get the credit, and that all goes back to worth.  I feel like I have to prove myself, like if people don't see the great things I do, the incredible things I come up with, they won't value me.  Well, the truth is that for 54 years I've had that mindset, and it's not working.  

I get frustrated when I don't get my way.  There are not a lot of people in awe of me.  And I think I'm missing out on a lot of peace and joy You want me to have through trust.  Really, that is what it comes down to.  I don't trust God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...