Wednesday, February 11, 2026

EXODUS 28, MATTHEW 25-26

 Tim Tebow said we should do something about human trafficking.  Jesus, today, talks about helping the poor.  

I used to be able to check off that box by volunteering and then working with the homeless.  Then, I quit that job and have not volunteered since.....anywhere.  I think the problem might have been that I was just checking off a box.

I know I should do something for the handicapped or less fortunate or the children who face grave situations.  And, yes, I do still sponsor kids from Compassion, but that's easy - money and a few letters.  There's just not anything that excites me, that I'm passionate about, that I care enough about to do something.

Some would say I've become selfish.  I would be included in that "some."  I email people about volunteer type stuff, but then when I think about the time and effort - no thanks!  All I really want to do is go to my job (and that's not really a want, it's more of a have to), come home, play some pickleball, and attend a few Raider games.  

I thought it would just be a phase.  I thought that after I quit the homeless shelter I would take a little time to "restore my soul", but it's been like four years.  And even as I'm writing this I'm torn.  I want to do something, but I don't want to do anything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...