Saturday, January 24, 2026

GENESIS 42-43, MATTHEW 13-14

 I have the same problem that Joseph's brother's had.  I always think the worst is going to happen.

Bad, worse worst.  Never let it burst, till the bad gets worse and the worse gets worst!

They thought they put the silver in there to trap them.  They thought he was inviting them in to do something horrible to them.  They thought that he would kill their little brother.  

I remember one of my trips to the Cincinnati Open.  I was driving on the.way to the tourney and started to think about all of the bad things that could happen.  What if I got a flat tire?  What if the car broke down?  What if? What if? What if?  I do this all the time.  I wake up and immediately start thinking about what could go wrong.

But, as I pulled into Speedway - God's holiest of holies, I seemed to hear God remind me, "I am not out to get you."  In fact I even felt like God was telling me, "I am here to help you.  I want good things."  

Even though I have a life of good things stacked up in God's favor, even though I can look to where I am today and see how God has always been for me, even though I have read about a good God for like 40 years at this point - still to this day, it's hard for me to even write the above.  

But, God is for us.  God wants what is best for everyone.  God is on our side.  Sorry I forget that A LOT!


No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Chronicles 12-14, Romans 1

​“but even the closest friends of the poor person deserts them.” Is that true?  I think it’s been my experience that the poor are much bette...